Our mission is simple:
• To provide extended family support for our members and their families.
• To contribute to the education, social and economic well-being of the communities we reside in.
• To assist youth and others in Nigeria in developing a sense of civic responsibility and the principles of collectivism in advancing Nigerian development.
We support each other by meeting at least once a month to share ideas, inquire as to each other’s welfare, socialize and discuss matters relating to the continued viability of the association.
We contribute to the education, social and economic well-being of the communities we reside in by engaging in activities such as:
• Symposia for Nigerian youth in Northern California to encourage excellence while being grounded in the positive aspects of American and Nigerian cultures.
• Symposia for minority youth in Northern California to help improve their self-esteem, commitment to education and to guide them toward productive citizenship.
• RANC Day of Caring where we donate food, clothing items and on occasion cook for homeless shelters.
• Participate with other progressive associations on issues of mutual interest.
• Holding a RANC Picnic, and
• RANC Christmas Party.